Oct 26, 2013

Mixed Post: Island Blue & Bul-ssang


Last week was the most artistic week in my life since i got opportunities to watch  Francesco Casifo "Island Blue" Quartet Concert and Contemporary Dance "Bul-ssang".

Francesco Casifo "Island Blue" Quartet Concert

This event was held by The Embassy of Italy and Italian Institute of Culture Jakarta on October 18th at Usmar Ismail Hall PPHUI, Kuningan, South Jakarta. I got information of this event from my Italian Lecturer, Prof.ssa Emilia. So on Friday evening I watched it with Ami, Irna, and Caroline.

Ami, Irna and Amei
well, it was a great effort to found the Hall
photo credit by : ami
Amei, Irna, Caroline, and Ami
photo credit by: Caroline
Because it was a quartet concert there were 4 musician here; Francesco Cafiso (Alto Sax), Dino Rubino (Trumpet-Flugelhorn), Giovanni Mazzarino (Piano) and Giuseppe Bassi (Bass). It was an amazing performance!!!! I was glad i watched it.

photo credit by: Caroline

photo credit by : Caroline

Photo credit by : Ami

photo credit by : Caroline

Korean Contemporary Dance "Bul-ssang"

This event is a part of 40th year celebration of Indonesia and Korea's bilateral cooperation which is held on October 20th at Taman Ismail Marzuki. Thanks to my Professor, Maya 교수님, I could watch this performance with my Korean Studies Friends.

Ihsan, Ami, Cla, Umi, Ara, Suci, Wate, Amei, Aini, and Irna
photo credit by : Suci
Bul-ssang (불쌍) in Korean has meaning as "pity" but in this performance also refers to Bul-sang (불상) which mean as "Buddha Statue" which have similar pronunciation. It was a great performance but because of my lacks in dance appreciation i did not really know the story of the dance until Maya  교수님 explained to us the day after. It was a criticism for a cafe in Paris that used Buddha Statue as decoration without knowing the great role of Buddha in Eastern culture.




photo credit by : Suci

Me and my fave dancer!!!
well, forgive me for the low quality of image T__T
Anyway, they were good for refreshing before mid test. Now i am quite busy studying for exam so see you when i  wanna write in my spare time again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment